"User" shall mean any person who uses this Website and shall include (i) a person who is registered as a user of the Website; (ii) a person who is registered on the Website to transact or avail of any consultancy service through the Website; (iii) a person who registered as a Mentor on the Website.
“Services” shall mean the Services provided by WissenX of an online platform that connects Users, who wish to find and engage with Mentors, who form a pool of experts for their advice, opinions, experiences and counsel.
“Associate” shall mean such entities that provide joint services with WissenX, including related entities such as their parent company, any subsidiary or affiliate company and their employees, as well as banks. service/ facility providers, third party companies and individuals that WissenX engages to provide the Services (including technology services, data analysis, verification of User’s identification, assistance with fraud prevention and risk assessment, customer service, facilitation of payments or reimbursements to Users). Such Associates may be located anywhere in the world.
“Terms” shall mean the Terms and Conditions applicable to all Users, which can be found on the Website.
When a User enters into a transaction on the Website or avails of a Service, then it is likely that WissenX records shall contain any of the following information about the User: - his name, mobile phone number, location and e mail address; - information provided by a User with regard to the Services availed of by him or any other Users or Mentors with whom he has interacted; - information from a User’s interaction with WissenX such as demographic, geographic and navigation data, User’s interests, computer and connection information and the like; - additional information sought by WissenX or WissenX Associates and obtained from a User or third parties when conducting checks such as authenticity checks. A Mentor shall also be required to provide additional information such as his profile, experience, photograph, city of residence, employment history, geographical area and expertise, payment preferences and other relevant details. By choosing to provide his personal information or use the Website or the Services, a User consents to the transfer and storage of the above information on WissenX/ Associate servers.
Further, it is possible that banks/ payment gateway facility providers may store some financial information of User as may be statutorily required of them. WissenX has no control or authority over any such information stored by such parties.
WissenX takes precautions to protect a User’s information. When a User submits sensitive information via the Website, that information is submitted directly to the bank/ payment gateway facility provider which protects such sensitive information by encryption. WissenX does not itself either collect or store financial information at present, but may begin to do so at a later date.
Use of User information
WissenX respects the privacy of its Users and is committed to protect such privacy as detailed herein. A User’s information is used to improve the Services, tailor content to Users’ preferences and for advertising. In addition, a User may encounter “cookies” or other similar devices on a web page. These are data collection devices to help analyse the web flow and measure promotional effectiveness. “Cookies” are small files placed on a Users’ hard drive that assist WissenX in providing services to its Users and giving a User information targeted to his interests. There are two types of cookies used on the Website, namely "persistent cookies" and "session cookies". Most cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are automatically deleted from a User’s hard drive at the end of a session, while persistent cookies will remain on a User’s device after he close his browser, and can be used again the next time he accesses the Website. A User is always free to decline a cookie if his browser permits. But please note that some parts of the platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
Upon registration with WissenX, a User agrees that he shall be contacted on his e mail address, (or, in certain circumstances, on his mobile phone), for authentication of a transaction or from time to time about updating his content to provide features which WissenX believes may benefit him or for the purpose of receiving promotional messages. A User’s information shall remain with WissenX and its Associates. Further, a limited amount of this information will be available to an advertiser who may use this information to send the User marketing communications. Please note that even if a User chooses to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, he may still receive advertising on or about the Website – it just will not be tailored to his interests.
WissenX may transfer, store, use and process a User’s information, including any personal information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where a User’s information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where he is resident.
Disclosure of a User’s information
WissenX does not sell or rent User information with a third party outside of WissenX/ its Associates, other than as necessary to fulfil the purpose of the Website and to perform its Services. WissenX has strict guidelines with respect to unauthorized access to information provided by User.
A User’s personal information may be disclosed as follows:
1. Parts of his profile page that contain some personal information may be displayed in other parts of the Website to other Users for marketing purposes or to the extent necessary to operate and manage the Services.
2. A Mentor’s Listing will always include some minimum information such as his profile, listing description, calendar availability, photograph and the ratings and reviews. His Listing may also include other information such as number of page views. Parts of his listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Website for marketing purposes.
3. The Website allows a Mentor’s public profile and listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case his public profile and listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. This option is enabled by default. If a User changes his settings or the information on his listing pages, third-party search engines may not update their databases quickly or at all. WissenX does not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before the information/ settings are changed.
4. When a User submits a request to book an appointment, his full name, photograph, location (name of town) and basic profile will become visible to the Mentor. Confidential information such as address, phone number, email address will not be visible.
5. When a User’s request to book an appointment is accepted by the Mentor or when a Mentor accepts a User’s request to book an appointment with him, WissenX will disclose some of the User’s personal information to the Mentor/User. However, billing and payout information will never be shared with another User.
6. After an appointment, WissenX will ask the User to rate and review the appointment with the Mentor. If a User chooses to provide a review, the review may be made public on the Website. WissenX will also ask the Mentor for feedback on the User, which WissenX shall maintain as its own records.
7. A User may link his account on a third party social networking site to his Account. The publication and display of information that a User provides to WissenX through this linkage is subject to his settings and authorizations on the Website and the third party site. When he creates this linkage:
8. WissenX may distribute parts of the Website, (including any non-personal User information), for display on sites operated by Associates.
10. WissenX may also engage Associates, to provide their services to whom it may be necessary to provide access to User information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide their services. WissenX will ensure that such Associates have contractual obligations to protect User information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
11. For any jurisdiction in which WissenX facilitates the collection and remittance of taxes as described in the "Taxes" section of the Terms of Service, a User expressly grants WissenX permission, without further notice, to store, transfer and disclose data and other information relating to him or to his transactions, appointments, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information such as User's name, listing addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received by Mentors from Users, or allegedly due, contact information and similar information, to the relevant Tax Authority.
12. A User acknowledges, consents and agrees that WissenX may access, preserve and disclose their Account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to claims against WissenX; (b) to comply with any legal/ regulatory process; (c) to enforce and administer agreements with Users, such as the Terms; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of WissenX, its Users or members of the public. WissenX will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
13. WissenX reserves the right to disclose any and all User information, including default in any payments or misuse of the Services, to any court of competent jurisdiction, quasi judicial/ regulatory authority, law enforcement agency, relevant wing of the Central Government or State Government, User’s employer, credit reference agency, financial institution or any Associate.
14. WissenX may also publish, disclose and use general and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
Advertising and Associate services
The content and advertisements on the Website are provided as part of the Service. A User understands that advertising plays an important role in the provision of this Service and that WissenX may, from time to time, send to Users, promotional emails/SMS about services offered by WissenX and their advertisers.
By using the Website, a User consents that WissenX, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through any Associate, review, scan, analyse, and store a User’s communications, whether done manually or through automated means. WissenX uses third-party advertisers to put up advertisements on the Website. These advertisers may use information (excluding name, address, email address or telephone number) about a User’s visits to this and other websites in order to provide information about goods and services which might interest him. WissenX shall not sell or rent a User’s personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without his explicit consent.
User must keep Account details, including password confidential at all times, and should not reveal the same to any third parties. User must take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to his Account (including logging out from his Account at the end of each session), and User must notify WissenX immediately if his Account becomes accessible to any unauthorized person. User is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his Account information, and all activities that occur under his Account(s).
The User is aware of all security risks, including possible third party interception of any of his transactions on the internet and the content of his transactions becoming known to third parties. The User agrees and undertakes that he shall not hold WissenX/ Associates liable therefore in any way. The use and storage of any information, including without limitation, the transaction activity and any other information available on the User’s internet access device or computer or mobile phone is at his own risk and responsibility. The User furthermore acknowledges and accepts that WissenX/ Associate may not encrypt all content or communications from and to their website/s.
Updation/ deletion of User Information
A User may review, update, correct or delete the personal Information in his Account. If a User would like to correct his information or cancel his Account entirely, he can do so by logging in to his Account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by a User may continue to be publicly available on the Website in association with his name, even after his Account is cancelled.
A User agrees not to access the Websites by any means other than through the interface that is provided by WissenX for use in accessing the same. Any unauthorized access to the Website is a breach of the Terms and a violation of the law.
Any content that maybe restricted or banned by a government order, will be withdrawn during the pendency of that order.
WissenX is the sole and absolute owner of all and whatsoever intellectual property rights in the trade mark “WissenX” and the design in respect thereof and will be entitled to take any legal action against any person invading and/or encroaching upon the said rights.
If a User has any questions he may write to WissenX online or he may write to WissenX Customer Support at email@example.com.